The Message

Today, we Catholics celebrate the birthday of St. John the Baptist. As I read today's mass readings, I was reminded of the message I have received five years ago...

I was sitting by our kitchen peninsula and reading my bible. It was the same reading for today's mass in Luke 1:5-17. The words leapt at me and I KNEW they were meant for me at that precise time: "...bear a son...He will be your joy and delight..."

I had three children then: 2 girls and 1 boy. After reading this bible account, I knew that the Lord was telling me that I was going to have another child - a son - and it came to be. On August 14, 2007 Roshaun was born to us :)



And ever faithful to His message, the Lord truly blessed us with a son that is our joy and delight. I couldn't imagine our family without his exuberance that gives us all joy and laughter. I call him my "perfect baby," because for me, he is.  And I can only thank the Lord for giving him to us - such a precious gift to have!




Comments

Popular Posts