House Hunting

Yep. That's what I have been indulging on the past week. We have been in this rental townhouse for over two years now and didn't see a recent move looming up ahead. We are very much happy where we are, until the owner of the house visited to give us the "news." He's planning to plant his roots here in Canada and settle in this home of his, so off we need to go. Based on our lease contract, we have this house to ourselves until April of next year which gives us seven months to prepare for the move. Gulp!

One of the things I've realized here is that renting, although way cheaper than owning, doesn't really give us any security of tenure. The lease contract gives us a false sense of security, unless it's a 5-year lease, I guess. 
Now, we'll have to hire movers again, request for time off from work to pack, move and unpack - all during the current school year! Of course, it's not entirely sad news. It fills me with excitement to see where the Lord would bring us next. To just imagine ourselves in a bigger, nicer place already brings a smile to my face. Okay, I admit, the other homes I've looked at? I've already re-decorated them with OUR stuff in my mind!!! Ha! Who does that?!


So, want a piece of my wishful thinking?
This is in one of the higher-end homes in our list. It will take a miracle for us to get this kind of kitchen...but then again, we are used to miracles coming our way :0)
The one that's financially realistic for us. A little on the small side, but very doable.
Where we'll end up, remains to be seen. Or should I say, remains to be blogged? :))

Comments

Popular Posts