Thank You, Mama Mary!

Summer of 2008. It was in a small church in San Diego that we asked for her intercession. We passed by a beach town in San Diego and saw Mary, Star of the Sea Parish Church. Me and my hubby took turns going in so we could watch the kids napping in the van. Needless to say, our prayers were the same: we asked for Mama Mary to bring us to Canada.


Mary, Star of the Sea Parish Church (La Jolla, CA)

Sept. 8, 2008 - Mama Mary's Birthday - we received a packet telling us that we were on the next stage in our family application and needed to go for medical evaluation.

December 8, 2008 - Feast of the Immaculate Conception - we received the confirmation that our application has been approved and we could come to Canada as a family.

One night, I was browsing the internet looking for a school for my children to transfer to and what appeared on my screen was the parish website of Star of the Sea Parish, White Rock! Right there and then, I KNEW that it was Mama Mary's intercession that brought us to Canada and I couldn't help but cry... I told my husband it didn't matter how far his workplace would be from here, but we needed to live in this area and be parishioners of this church. 


Star of the Sea Parish (Surrey, BC)

May 12, 2009 - Mother's Day - We flew in to Canada barely a week ago and this was our very first Sunday mass. Where else but here at Star of the Sea Parish in White Rock! I was overcome with emotions reliving the many miracles that came our way through Mama Mary's intercession and we couldn't thank her enough. It was Mother's Day, and we offered flowers to her to thank her for her intercession.

Fast forward to this year. Upon the prodding of two acquaintances from the parish, me and my hubby talked to our parish priest about the possibility of transferring our children from the public school into the Star of the Sea School. It had always been in our hearts to bring the kids into the Catholic school especially for me who studied in a Catholic School my whole life - and worked there, too! But 4 kids? The financial burden would be too much for us. But when we spoke with our parish priest, he told us not to be deterred by issues about money. However, there was no guarantee that all our 4 children would be able to get in as registration has closed and we would need to be put in a wait list.

But then I was brought to that night when my computer flashed before me with the Star of the Sea Parish website. It occurred to me that Mama Mary could be calling our children to come to her school, too!

So we stepped out in faith. Once again, we prayed for her intercession. The first time I went to the office to fill out the application papers for my children, I was brought to tears once again. There, in front of her beautiful statue, I stood in awe of everything that was happening before us - it was a humbling experience to receive this blessing!

My three older children got registered in the school within weeks. My youngest - a Kindergartener - was left in the wait list. Then the school closed for summer. I remembered the very last words I said to the school secretary on the day I completed the final requirements for my three children and I told her we were still praying and hoping to get our youngest in, "Miracles could happen!"

Then today, I received the good news :) Roshaun got a spot in the Kindergarten class! Mama Mary came through for us - again - or maybe it was the completion of her "mission" to bring us to Canada, to bring us to her parish, and her school. Thank you, Mama Mary! ♥

Comments

Popular Posts