My Dailey Method Journey

It's been almost 4 months now since I've started doing the Dailey Method. What started out as a "summer exercise program" became my staple weekly routine. I've discovered that Dailey Method was the missing puzzle in my continued pursuit of my love of dancing - perfectly complementing my ballet/jazz dance classes. Dailey Method gave me the flexibility that I needed and now I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I am dancing!

Not only that, I've started to SEE the difference in my body, too. Since I am on the skinny side, I actually have no shape at all - but that was before!  Now I can see a distinct shape in my body and I was truly amazed (and amused!). 


Also, prior to doing the Dailey Method, I would always have bouts of abdominal pain. My doctor had me go for ultrasound, blood work, CAT Scan and MRI to pinpoint the cause, but found nothing to point as the culprit. When I told him that I was also often constipated, he told me that I could be suffering from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) brought about by stress. Fast forward to now: yep, you got it right ;) I no longer suffer from constipation (and to think I've suffered from constipation my whole life!) Recently, I've noticed that even when I have my monthly period, I no longer get bloated (that's really something, eh?). 

Okay, here's the clincher: I love Dailey Method so much that I have decided to become a Certified Instructor!!! Yep, I've been in training for 2 months now and just three days ago, met Jill Dailey herself (the founder of The Dailey Method) for the first time. I got to attend the Instructors' Workshop that she facilitated and then attend a class, with her as the Instructor - pretty cool, huh?

For someone who hates exercising, I can say I've gone a really long way. Now, onward to finishing this training... wish me well! :)








Comments

Popular Posts