Back on my (Dancing) Feet Again

Two days before year 2011 ended, our car was stolen from our garage while the whole family was sleeping. It was a hard blow for us, financially and emotionally. But as they say, "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!" With the grace of God and prayers from friends and family, we got the support we needed to move on from this horrible experience.

On New Year's Day, our family ventured into the islands and set on a three-day adventure (armed with loads of prayer, of course!). I must say that we are still very, very blessed despite our seeming "loss." I have with me my most important treasures of all: my husband, my kids, my brother - my family. I am able to move on as I take each day in stride. Sometimes, with two steps forward, but one step back. Nonetheless, I get better each day...


Yesterday, I embarked on another adventure. I finally went to that dance class I've been eyeing for the longest time. 
Putting on my dance outfit and my ballet shoes flooded my thoughts with warm memories of my dancing days - and it made me smile! I haven't danced in the last five years and being able to move across a dance studio once again somehow helped me heal a little bit more. 





"Dancing faces you toward heaven, whichever direction you turn."  
(Terri Guillemets)






Comments

  1. hey nice blog and felt bad about your car and congrats for your dance class. life goes on with ups and downs so move with happy memories...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts