Blessings... Mercies in Disguise

I was seated at church feeling sad. My heart was in pieces. We had just brought home that day our stolen car that the police recovered. Our car was nothing like it was before as it was heavily vandalized. The one thing I was hoping to see that was still there was gone - our rosary that was hanging by our mirror. I couldn't get myself to think that the thieves threw it away, and I could only hope that there be someone else - somewhere - to find it, pick it up, realize it's sacred, and keep it.


I was angry, too.  And the emotions that were welling up inside me was making it very difficult for me to continue on with the mass. Then I sensed the Lord wanting me to surrender to Him my sadness and anger. These emotions were taking the place of Jesus in my heart - there was no way I could be angry and still receive the Holy Eucharist. I sensed the Lord telling me to give mercy, as I too, receive His mercy. 


So I did. I let go of the emotions and offered it all up to Him. Immediately, I felt a relief - like a heavy burden lifted off my shoulders. The communion song, "Blest Are They," were God's confirmation to me that I chose to do the right thing.


But God wasn't done with me yet. As I was driving yesterday, I heard the song, "Blessings," as it was played on the radio. Every word of that song perfectly captured my thoughts, emotions and unsaid words! It was as if that song was meant for me. Every word came alive and I, once again, was humbled by this lesson that the Lord is teaching me right now: MERCY.



Comments

Popular Posts