An Answer to Prayer

I used to visit the Blessed Sacrament weekly. It's where I learned to unload my frustrations of the past week and  drew strength for the week that's coming ahead.

Then we moved. My weekly visits to the Perpetual Adoration Chapel stopped.



I wanted to go back to my weekly routine but I had too many excuses then: I needed to get settled, I had to arrange my schedule, etc. Weeks passed by. Then the weeks turned into months, and months turned into years - two years to be exact.


Finally, giving in to the prodding of the Holy Spirit, I signed up at our parish church for a weekly 11:00PM Sunday night slot. I was told by our Adoration Chapel Coordinator that I would have a prayer partner for the hour.


Entrance to our parish church, Good Shepherd Church, under Star of the Sea Parish

On the first night of my schedule, Eric (my prayer partner) waited for me at the parking lot of our parish when we were done with our hour. Then he told me this, "I just want to let you know that I am very happy to finally have someone praying with me here every Sunday night. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR SOMEONE FOR TWO YEARS." 


I was deeply struck. What he said tugged at my heart. The serene joy I felt in knowing that I have been an answer to someone's fervent prayer was far greater than getting my very own prayers answered. It was very touching - and very humbling indeed.







Comments

Popular Posts