Boracay (Part 5)

Our last day in Boracay was bittersweet. I wanted to stay a day more, yet I missed our kiddos already - hmmm, wasn't that always the case with us? As the day before, we started out with the sumptuous breakfast buffet at the hotel's restaurant and again, the day was all laid out in my mind: pick up "pasalubong" (take home goodies) at the beachfront, back to the hotel, off to airport, off to Manila.

So at 10AM, we were back at White Beach. But it was so different from the Boracay I've seen the previous two days. Gone were the calm seas. The waves were fiercely rolling in. Instead of paraws lazily  hobbling about the quiet ocean, excited kiteboarders were milling about, waiting for the perfect time to catch a good surf. I've read in the internet that the "Habagat" Season start in June - wasn't that a bit early! Well, the kiteboarders were certainly not complaining!

Kiteboarders!

Huge waves!

We had fun watching this guy.
Keeping a close watch at the time, me and hubby took as many pictures as we could of our last glimpse of Boracay :( I sat at the outdoor lounges of Aria while Raul stood at a distance, clicking his camera away. After some time, we made our way to "Real Coffee" and picked up the calamansi muffins and brownies that we've ordered the day before. They were freshly-baked and smelled heavenly!

A must-try Boracay exclusive.

Comment, anyone?
We went back to the D' Mall entrance for the shuttle ride back to the hotel, packed our stuff, took more pictures (hehehe!) and set-off for our flight back to Manila.

Though this was our first time in Boracay, I've made up my mind to not make it the last. I would certainly want to go back and I believe I know better now to make some changes in the way I did our itinerary (remember that I've done this based on my internet researches). Here's how I would do it for next time:

1) Book a flight via Caticlan - arriving at Caticlan rather than Kalibo would save PRECIOUS TIME. Time I'd rather spend lounging at the beach!

2) Stay at least 4 days - Booking for 3days/2nights stay is okay, but 5days/4nights will be superb! Remember that hubby and I could've had that complimentary sit down lunch at Astoria Boracay if only our schedule wasn't so packed? We also didn't get to go island-hopping or do any water sports/activities because we just didn't have the time. Also, I would like to spend at least one day DOING NOTHING. Just lay on the sand, sip a cool drink and frolic in the clear waters.

3) Stay beachfront - Don't get me wrong. Our stay at Alta Vista de Boracay was everything we were hoping for. But I would like to be able to wake up in Boracay hearing the lapping waves. I would like to be able to walk to the beach at the wee hours of the morning, catching the first glimpse of sunrise, and have the whole beach for myself. I never feel as close to God as when I am marveling the beauty of nature.

Aahhh! Bora! Love kita! =)

Comments

Popular Posts