Cold Weather Cravings: Soups!

I love soups! Bring them on creamy, chunky, hearty - and scalding hot, please :) And cold weather like today makes me crave for them all the more. Serve me soup anytime and am sure to be one happy gal.


SOPAS - There's a thousand-and-one ways to cook this versatile soup.  I like mine with lots of milk, vienna sausage, chunky chicken and ground black pepper - yum!


My all-time-fave: LUGAW :0) Always good, either by itself or with fried lumpia, tokwa or baboy. I always cook mine with chicken and hard-boiled eggs. Don't forget the maanghang na suka for sawsawan and it's lugaw-heaven!!!


FRENCH ONION SOUP - Fresh out of the oven with bubbly cheese goodness! The best for me by far was the one I had at Don and Charlie's


Oyster Stew
OYSTER STEW - I wouldn't forget the one I had at Tony's Fish and Oyster Cafe. Creamy, creamy, creamy!!!


A healthy(?) option: BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP from good, ol' Panera Bread


CREAMY TOMATO SOUP - Best with accompanying grilled cheese sandwich. The very first time I've tried it and fell in love, I was at The Caf. From then on, I was a fan!



NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER - Bacon, clams and cream combo - what's not to love? Super-love ko the one I had from Olive and Anchor



Comments

Popular Posts